2020 Annual Meeting:
February 23, 2020, Sunday - Annual Meeting (updated 2-09-2020)
George Washington Masonic National Memorial Building, Shooters' Hill,
101 Callahan Drive, Alexandria, VA 703-683-2007
North Lodge Room
The usual cover and stamp exchange will start by 1:30 p.m. in the anti-room, followed by the Annual Meeting at 2:00 p.m.
The meeting will include conferral of the Master of Philately for all members of the Club who have not yet received it. If you are not yet a member, there is an excellent chance that if you show up that afternoon you will be voted in and be a part of this unique non-Masonic degree which is restricted to Freemasons. As has been stated many a time the GWMSC may be the greatest bargain in Masonry being only $20 for a life time membership, and there are no additional fees for the Master of Philately.
GWMNM Building opens daily 9AM-5PM now. The optional hour tour of upper floors& tower costs $10/person, and begins at 9:30AM or 11:00AM if you wish to also attend the GWMSC meeting. We expect the meeting & M.P. conferral to end in time for the 4:00PM tour.
1:30-2:00PM Review Covers, Assemble & Socialize
2:00-4:15PM Meeting,including conferral of Master of Philately
4:45PM Reassemble at Joe Theismann's Restaurant, at foot of shooter's hill across from Metro Station. 1800 Diagonal Road, Alexandria, VA 22314, phone: 703-739-0777
5:30PM GWMSC Annual Dinner
Following the February 23rd GWMSC meeting, the Club friends, guests, and family will join the members at Joe Theismann's Restaurant, 1800 Diagonal Rd, Alexandria, Virginia - just at the bottom of Shooter’s Hill where the GWMNM is located. Every effort will be made to reserve a table in the “upper deck.” Dinner orders will be off the menu, Dutch treat.
While the kitchen prepares the dinners, there will be a talk as described below in the President’s message. You should find his talk interesting. Hope to see you there!For questions, to confirm that you will be present, and/or especially if you would like to receive the Master of Philately on February 23, 2020, please contact GWMSC Secretary Brother John R. Allen
Dinner Speaker: Bro. WalterBenesch
Topic: Grand Lodge of England's 300th Anniversary, October31, 2017 - See "President's Message" tab If you have not received the Master of Philately from the GWMSC, you may receive it with the others planning to attend. Please notify/reserve in advance with Brother Allen so we'll have your M.P. Certificate for you at this meeting.
Nearby accommodations if traveling:
Some Hotels Near Masonic Memorial (updated 1/17/11):
- Embassy Suites-Alexandria / (703) 684-5900 / (800) EMBASSY / (0.4 mi)
- Hampton Inn-Old Town, 1616 King St / (703) 299-9900 (800) HAMPTON / (0.4 mi)
- Hilton-Alexandria Old Town, 1767 King St. / (703) 837-0440 / (800) 916-2221 / (0.3 mi)
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town, 1456 Duke Street / (703) 548-5474 / (888) 236-2427 / (0.6 mi)
- Residence Inn Alexandria at Carlyle; 2345 Mill Road / (703) 549-1155 / (888) 236-2427 / (0.7 mi)
- Westin-Alexandria 400 Courthouse Square, / (703) 253-8600 / (866) 716-8117 / (0.8 mi)
Some more distant Hotels:
- Courtyard Inn Alexandria 2700 Eisenhower Ave, / (703) 329-2323 / (800) 321-2211 / (1.1 mi)
- Springhill Suites Alex.Tech.Center 2950 Eisenhower Ave, / (703) 317-0013 / (888) 236-2427 / (1.1 mi) Open 3/11
- Holiday Inn SW-Eisenhower Metro / (703) 960-3400 / (800) HOLIDAY / (1.7 mi)
- Holiday Inn-Alex. Historic District 625 First St / (703) 548-6300 / (800) HOLIDAY / (2.0mi)
Please contact us if you have any questions
The Club now meets once a year; In February.
At our Annual Meeting in February we confir the Master of Philately Degree on awaiting candidates.
Our Semi-Annual Meetings in September have been called off at this time.